Pages

Monday, August 14, 2017

Sweet As Honey Commission

I have a dirty secret to share... I don't really enjoy doing commissions. Part of the reason that I love being a designer is that I never have to make the same thing twice. Instead, I get to come up with brand new ideas, occasionally working up other people's patterns as well. Commissions almost always end up being something I made in the past, someone saw, and then wanted me to make again for them. I value and thank all of my previous commission customers, but it is highly unlikely that I will accept another commission unless it is extremely unique.

I love my Sweet As Honey pattern. It has brought so many people to Illuminate Crochet, and I am very thankful for that as well. It is fitting that my last official commission be based on that pattern. Alex, one of my best friends, wanted a miniature version of it to hang on his wall. I worked it up in Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, a fingering weight yarn. Here is the finished product, along with a  few process photos. The work will eventually be framed. I am happy that it is finally complete.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.