Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Moonbeam Necklace

I don't know if you could tell by my logo, blog, and brand name... but I love space! I think space is just fascinating with all of its planets, stars, nebulae, pulsars, black holes, dark matter, and everything else. Remember when I told you about the awesomeness that is Kreienik Reflective Yarn? I made a necklace pattern with it! It's just so luminous and starry.


I knew I had to name it something space-y. What space object is closest to home, our little grey neighbor who pulls the tides? The moon! Now you can make your very own...


It goes on right over your head. No clasps needed! The necklace has special properties. The thread looks beautiful during the day but it really glows spectacularly in the dark whenever it's hit by light. So classy, so special. It reflects light just like the moon!





Isn't that cool? I love it, and rest assured that it's ever so much prettier in real life. Do you want to make your own? The pattern is available for $2 on both Ravelry and Craftsy. Although the pattern is simple enough that a beginner could follow it confidently, it includes many detailed process pictures to help you learn how and when to add the beads for the best finished product as well as tips on working with the somewhat tricky reflective yarn. Can't wait to see your Moonbeams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.