Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Remix Friday: Moorfields Dinner Eyeball

Have you been creative this week? Have you been busy? I've been both! I've been zipping all over the place this week even though I have a broken toe. I broke it by stubbing it really hard while I wasn't watching where I was going. Maybe I need to get my glasses checked or pay a visit to the eye hospital that Tracy works at! Tracy's re-imagining of a simple ball pattern is really eye-catching. Let's take a look! *ba dum ch*

The Crocheter
My real name is Tracy Lamb, hence my Rav username MintSauce, but everyone calls me Minty.  I live with my husband Steve 15 miles from London.  I have 2 cats, Nikon and Wilson and one adopted cat from next door, Ziggy.

My favourite colour is orange, and I have a few favourite yarns depending on what I'm making.  If it's an amigurumi then it's acrylic, but for hats and fingerless gloves, it has to be Alpaca!!!

I've been knitting for 47 years and crocheting for probably 20, although I put crochet down for many years and only started doing it again properly about 2 years ago.  I love learning new stitches, I have just learned crochet loop stitch and foundation chain.  One of my favourites is crocodile stitch.

The Original Pattern
Tiny Crochet Ball by Julie Kundhi

The Story
I work at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London and they were holding a dinner/dance, and I just thought it would be fun to wear an eyeball round my neck!!  The original ball pattern looked perfect, so I used that and added my own adjustments.

The Remix
I changed the original pattern to make it look like an eyeball, using blue, black and white plus pink for the main ball.  I also added some red blood vessels to make the eyeball more authentic!!!


Crochet is... Addictive, relaxing, fun!!!

How cool! I really love the added blood vessels. Thank you for sharing your creation with us today, Tracy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.