Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mary Jane Slippers

Knitting may be the best choice for sock making, but crochet makes some darn cute slippers. There are many awesome slipper patterns available for purchase and for free on Ravelry and Craftsy. I decided to take a crack at a popular free slipper pattern by Lisa Gutierrez, her Mary Jane Slippers.





The best thing about this pattern is that it's really easy to customize it to your desired size. I used Martha Stewart Extra Soft Wool Blend and a 5mm hook to make my slippers. While they look good and are cozy for lounging and walking on carpet, I wouldn't recommend them for walking on hard floors. The stitches are just too big to be comfortable for that. The original pattern calls for Wool-Ease which may or may not be better to walk on. I may work up another version of these slippers with a much smaller hook and DK or even lace weight yarn to see if that makes them more comfortable for hard surfaces. In the meantime this is still an excellent pattern that the designer has so generously offered for free and I'm pleased with my FO. You can find these slippers on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.