Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Yay for Free Yarn!

So, I've mentioned before that I crochet with my friend Katie one evening each week. Recently we've been able to draw other folks who live in our apartment complex to our group. It's really exciting! It's so fun to see what others are making and enjoying each others' company as we crochet and knit. Just this past week one of our new members, Kerri, asked if I wanted any yarn. She said she had a bag of yarn that she was going to donate if no one wanted it. Picturing a small grocery sized bag in my mind, I said why yes of course! Who doesn't want free yarn?

It wasn't a small bag. It was a garbage bag of yarn. A garbage bag full of yarn! I couldn't believe she wanted to give it all away, but she insisted. Cue internal evil scientist laughter. Yes, all mine. My precious! This yarn isn't just some random mishmash of scraps. We're talking brand new skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease, Patons 100% Peruvian wool, Martha Stewart Crafts wool blend, Knit Picks Chroma Worsted, and a whole bunch of different fingering weight yarns. It's not enough for me to just talk about the yarn. You need to see it for yourself.





Yep, it's freaking amazing. I have a special project in mind for a good portion of this yarn and many of the remaining skeins are good matches for projects in my Ravelry queue. Hurray! I've always been happy-jealous (when you're kinda jealous but still happy for the other person) of users on r/crochet who show off yarn hauls given to them by a friend or family member. Until now I was incredulous that I would ever be so lucky. Thank you, Kerri!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share! Note that due to spam moderation there is a delay in comment posting.